HOLIDAY GITE IN PROVENCE
Self-Catering holiday apartment with private plunge pool on a working organic olive farm which produces its own olive oil, only 25 kms from the beaches of the Côte d’Azur (you can see the Mediterranean from the olive groves!) in the village of Belgentier in the Var Region of Provence….
30 kms from Hyeres International Airport (London City Airport/City Jet & Stansted/Ryan Air), 28 kms from TGV railway station of Toulon. 1hr 30mins from Nice Airport and from Marseille Airport.
3 bedrooms (7 people)
Languages spoken by the owners: French & English
This really is is no ordinary olive farm in Provence. It is an exceptional place, hidden away from the pressures of modern life at the end of a good forestry track (entirely renovated in March 2015) which winds it’s way into the Provençal hills behind the village. The property is within sight of the village, but very secluded and unspoiled, and remarkable for the astonishing variety of wild animals, insects, birds, Mediterranean flowers and a great sense of peace.
This is a lovely place to explore the adventure of Provence, where you can enjoy quality accommodation and real Time Out from the rush and business of everyday life.
There is immediate access to the GR9 track for walks and the village boulangerie is only 10 mins drive.
Fantastic panoramic views across green hills to the Mediterranean sea.
Facilities in 70m² Provencal character apartment under the eaves:
Our gîte apartment is smart but relaxed. It has been carefully restored to retain stunning original features and is lovingly maintained to keep the standards as high as possible. We think we have replicated what we would like to see if we came to stay: good shower, beds already made up for your arrival with fresh, crisp linen, pure white towels for indoor use, cozy dressing gowns for slopping about in, beach towels for outdoors, and everything you need for a really comfortable holiday stay. In short, a touch of luxury without the fuss.
- One very comfortable double bedroom with a 160 cms wide double bed,
- A second big double room with 90 cms wide twin beds which can be put together to make a huge 180cm wide double. And this room has a big folding bed/chair which can be opened for a third bed.
- 1 bunk-bed room (with 2 x singles) ideal for children
- Living/dining room with a 5-person leather corner sofa.
- Fully equipped kitchenette (2 ring ceramic cooker; a full-size built-in oven/grill; microwave oven; dish washing machine; Nespresso machine; toaster; kettle and mixer)
- Attractive marble tiled shower room with WC
- All rooms have windows including the shower room
- Complete media system, incl. wide screen TV on FreeSat, radio & CD player, and DVD player.
- WiFi internet for your computer
- Fold-away child’s cot & mattress
- We also include some basics such as loo paper, kitchen roll, aluminium foil, dish cloths, washing up liquid, kitchen towels and cleaning products (general purpose cleaner, dishwasher powder, washing powder and conditioner)
- Access to the apartment is by a private forged iron staircase.
- Specially designed solid oak front door as a stable door, so the top half can be opened keeping the bottom shut if you have young children.
- Private garden and patio area with plunge pool (& safety alarm in compliance with French law), out-door tables and chairs, sun-loungers and an electric BBQ (because fire BBQs are not allowed between May and October in Provence).
- A clothes washing and drying machine is in the well-equipped gym which you have full use of.
- Freedom to enjoy and explore the whole of the 95 acre Private Property, the Olive groves and Provençal Forest.
Access to the property is by a well-maintained forestry track 3.5 kms from the village. This track was fully renovated in March this year so the house is now only 10 minutes from the village.
Peak Season (July, August) 1,250€/week
Mid Season (May, June, September, October) 900€/week
Low Season (all the rest of the year) 650€/week
All bookings pre-suppose that the terms and conditions have been read, understood and agreed.
A week is defined as Saturday from 16:00 to the following Saturday at 10:00
Short breaks of a minimum of 3 nights are possible in Low Season only, at 125 euros per night.
Top quality cotton bedding, bath towels & gowns, beach towels, and kitchen towels are included.
Farm activities which guests may choose to participate in:
Olive harvest (end of October, November, mid December)
Olive Tree pruning (March)
General farm activities (tree felling; dry-stone wall restoration; etc)
Farm products for tasting and for sale:
Seasonal fruit and vegetables from the orchard and vegetable garden
Fresh eggs from our chickens